CWP Satire: Period 1

Assignment:

Employing a metaphor, simile, personification, apostrophe, or other trope, extend this dialogue on love in the comments below.

When you have written your response, tell the next student.  We will post alphabetically.  Please leave your name OR initials at the end of your comment.  Your comment must be at least two sentences in length.  Please read the comments that come before your post before you post.  You have until the end of block day to complete this assignment.

Your opening comes from Lysander to Hermia in Act I.  Let's change their names to Lester (teenage boy) and Hester (teenage girl).

Here is your opening line; please format such as it is below.  Lily, take it from here!

Lester: How now, my love! why is your cheek so pale?
How chance the roses there do fade so fast?


Bouch, Lilyana
Delenikos, Dillon
Keathley, Avery
Kirchick, Bronson
Landis, Hannah
Matar, Hana
McCook, Emily
McDavid Restrepo, Antonio
Mina, Rylodain
Noonan, Parker
Odegaard, Chelsea
Orata, Keith Liam
Pirtle, Emma
Plascencia, Andres
Richardson, Evan
Soria, Marianne
Thatcher, Madeleine
Trengove, Frances
Tunink, Alyna
Ward, Nicole
Watson, Felix


22 comments:

Marcus Schwager said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hester: My face is pale because I am as sick as a dog. If I felt any better I think I'd go for a jog.
L.B.

Anonymous said...

Lester: Your are right. You're as pale as a ghost! You should get some rest and we can go for a jog later.
D.D.

Anonymous said...

Hester: I feel as fat as a marshamellow. I'm going for a jog, g'day my good fellow!
A.K.

Anonymous said...

Lester: Wait! I am as slow as a snail!
If I can't catch up to you, it will be my turn to be pale!
B. K.

Anonymous said...

Hester: it's ok if you're pale! As long as I'm here first to get the mail.

Anonymous said...

Lester: Don't jog! For you may fall over like a log!
Here let me get the mail, for you are very pale!
E.M.

Anonymous said...

Hester: Oh! How kind you can be. Your love I see is true for me. My cheek may be pale, I might feel fat as a marshmallow and I may be sick as a dog, but my love for you is much bigger than a log.
R.M.

Anonymous said...

Lester: I could care less if you were fat as a marshmallow, or as pale as a ghost. My love for you is greater than most.
P.J.N

Anonymous said...

I would care for you when you feel sorrow. For you I would even take an arrow!

Anonymous said...

Hester: I feel as blessed as a new born and as important God. Your love for me truly isn't a fraud
A.D.M.

Anonymous said...

Hester: Lester, my love for you is like a solid brick wall;
Never will it deteriorate, no not at all!
E.R

Anonymous said...

Hester: Oh, my love! How I wish you could see how much I care. Finding such a love is nothing, but rare.
E.P

Anonymous said...

Lester: Ohhh, but I do care! I care as much as a mother for its son. All I can say to you is I love you a TON!
A.P

Anonymous said...

Hester: For you love me ton, I am so grateful;
I cannot repay, I am ever so thankful.
M. S.

Anonymous said...

Lester: My love for you is like the ground. Never changing, and always around!
M. T.

Anonymous said...

Lester: Tell me of your troubles, reveal me all your sorrows,
But please don't lose the smile that resteth on thy lovely face.

F.T.

Anonymous said...

Lester: Upon ground my feet do stand heavy as a whale
For I will stay here and love you without fail
A.T

Anonymous said...

Lester: Upon ground my feet do stand, heavy as a whale,
For I will stay here and live you without fail.
A.T.

Anonymous said...

Hester: A whale upon land is dead.
Our love ought to be free as the creatures of the ocean.

FW

Anonymous said...

Lester: True love is like a rare but beautiful piece of my art. I promise you, I will not spill paint all over your heart.


H.L.