Student Recommendations

Robbie K. (Biola, 2013)
Robbie graduated from Biola University and then went on to teach English in inner-city Los Angeles: "Mr. Schwager....I thought of emailing you because your class had a large impact on me, and when I picture myself as a teacher I often go back to memories of being in your class. In fact, I still have my binder and materials from your class that I look through for inspiration."

Heather M. (Westmont, 2012):
Mr. Schwager--I just wanted to thank you for preparing me so well in our reading of The Tempest. I was invited to an honors seminar class where we read one novel/drama per week. This week we read The Tempest, and I feel that your insights and nudgings last year were extremely beneficial. (I don't mean to boast but I was so well prepared that I actually caught our Professor in a few factual errors.) Anyone who doubts whether the books you read in high school will resurface is gravely mistaken.

Estelle R. (Santa Clara University, 2011):
Hi Mr. Schwager, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to thank you and the MVC English department for your investment in students' lives and academic development— I feel the department does an outstanding job of preparing students for the demands of reading and writing in college.

Kaitlin K. (Cal. State, 2011):
Dear Mr. Schwager...I am taking fourteen units, but all my classes require a LOT of writing; so far, all my teachers are astounded and ask where I went to high school. I am also working at the Writing Center on campus. I am a tutor there and really enjoy moments where I can pass on little comments that strongly echo Monte Vista's classrooms. I really am enjoying my time there and love being able to make a difference in a student's writing.

No comments: