Tuesday and Thursday (Nov. 14 and 16)

Tuesday
  • Punctuate: I will not eat green eggs and ham  I will not eat them Sam I am.  
  • Act I
  • HW: Review the Creative Writing Assignment

Thursday
  • Punctuate: The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures indeed he leadeth me beside the still waters.

  • Semicolons:
    • Rule 1: Use a semicolon to separate independent clauses with related ideas (but not with a coordinating conjunction and, but, for, or, nor, so, yet)
    • Rule 2: Use a semicolon and comma to separate independent clauses joined by a conjunctive adverb (accordingly, furthermore, moreover, similarly, also, hence, namely, still, anyway, however, nevertheless, then, besides, incidentally, next, thereafter, certainly, indeed, nonetheless, therefore, consequently, instead, now, thus, finally, likewise, otherwise, undoubtedly, further, meanwhile).
    • Compose two sentences on your own that illustrate each rule. 

  • Return Papers and Review
  • Midsummer Reading

No comments: