Friday, 10/14: Fairy Tales

* Pray

* Reno's Class: Video

* Schwager's Class: Review Vocabulary Unit 2 on your own.
Unit 2


1.       adroit (adj.) – skillful, expert in the use of the hands or mind
2.      amicable (adj.) – peaceable, friendly
3.      averse (adj.) – having a deep-seated distaste; opposed, unwilling
4.      belligerent (adj.) – given to fighting, warlike; combative, aggressive; (n.) one at war, one engaged in war
5.      benevolent (adj.) – kindly, charitable
6.      cursory (adj.) – hasty, not thorough
7.      duplicity (n.) – treachery ,deceitfulness
8.     extol (v.) – to praise extravagantly
9.      feasible (adj.) – possible, able to be done
10.  grimace (n.) – a wry face, facial distortion; (v.) to make a wry face
11.   holocaust (n.) – a large-scale destruction, especially by fire; a vast slaughter; a burnt offering
12.  impervious (adj.) – not affected or hurt by; admitting of no passage or entrance
13.  impetus (n.) – a moving force, impulse, stimulus
14.  jeopardy (n.) – danger
15.   meticulous (adj.) – extremely careful; particular about details
16.  nostalgia (n.) – a longing for something past; homesickness
17.   quintessence (n.) – the purest essence or form of something; the most typical example
18.  retrogress (v.) – to move backward; to return to an earlier condition
19.  scrutinize (v.) – to examine closely
20. tepid (adj.) – lukewarm; unenthusiastic, marked by an absence of interest


HW: None


Schwager's Music Today:

The Psalms of David, Day 14, Morning Prayer, Psalm 71.

In te, Domine, speravi
In thee, O Lord, have I put my trust, let me never be put to confusion : but rid me and deliver me in thy righteousness, incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
2 Be thou my strong hold, whereunto I may alway resort : thou hast promised to help me, for thou art my house of defence and my castle.
3 Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the ungodly : out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
4 For thou, O Lord God, art the thing that I long for : thou art my hope, even from my youth.
5 Through thee have I been holden up ever since I was born : thou art he that took me out of my mother's womb; my praise shall be always of thee.
6 I am become as it were a monster unto many : but my sure trust is in thee.
7 O let my mouth be filled with thy praise : that I may sing of thy glory and honour all the day long.
8 Cast me not away in the time of age : forsake me not when my strength faileth me.
9 For mine enemies speak against me, and they that lay wait for my soul take their counsel together, saying : God hath forsaken him; persecute him, and take him, for there is none to deliver him.
10 Go not far from me, O God : my God, haste thee to help me.
11 Let them be confounded and perish that are against my soul : let them be covered with shame and dishonour that seek to do me evil.
12 As for me, I will patiently abide alway : and will praise thee more and more.
13 My mouth shall daily speak of thy righteousness and salvation : for I know no end thereof.
14 I will go forth in the strength of the Lord God: and will make mention of thy righteousness only.
15 Thou, O God, hast taught me from my youth
up until now : therefore will I tell of thy wondrous works.
16 Forsake me not, O God, in mine old age, when I am gray-headed : until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to all them that are yet for to come.
17 Thy righteousness, O God, is very high : and great things are they that thou hast done; O God, who is like unto thee?
18 O what great troubles and adversities hast thou shewed me, and yet didst thou turn and refresh me : yea, and broughtest me from the deep of the earth again.
19 Thou hast brought me to great honour : and comforted me on every side.
20 Therefore will I praise thee and thy faithfulness, O God, playing upon an instrument of musick : unto thee will I sing upon the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.
21 My lips will be fain when I sing unto thee : and so will my soul whom thou hast delivered.
22 My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long : for they are confounded and brought unto shame that seek to do me evil.

No comments: