Tuesday, 11/1, All Saint's Day: Grammar: Bedford 24 a-g

* Pray: Happy All Saint's Day!

* Grammar: Pronouns: Subjective, Objective, and Possessive
1. Introduce
2. Read Bedford 24 a-g
3. Do Ex. 24-1

Subjective Case: I, you, he, she it, we, they, who, whoever
  • Use when the pronoun is acting as the subject of a clause:
  • Correct: "I ran." "You ran." "He ran."
  • INCORRECT: "Me ran" or "Him ran."

Objective Case: me, you, him, her, it, us, them, whom, whomever (Mmmm . . .
  • Use when the pronoun is acting as the object of a clause:
  • Correct: "The dog bit me." "The eagle gave her a feather."
  • INCORRECT: "The dog bit I." "The eagle gave she a feather."


Possessive Case: my, mine, your, yours, his, hers, its, our, ours, their, theirs
  • Use when denoting possession; hence, the term "possess"ive.
  • Correct: "That is my glove." "The iPad is hers."
  • NOTE: possessive case pronouns DO NOT use apostrophes, as non-pronoun words do, to show possession.
  • Correct: "That is its food! Don't (do not) take it!"
  • INCORRECT: "That is it's (it is) food! Don't (do not) take it!"

* J13 (see yesterday's entry)

HW: J13; Ex 24-1 letters and number (if not finished during class)

No comments: