Wednesday, 1/15

* Open
* Group Work

* Billy Collins
  • Journal 9: What is it about these poems that tells you they were written in recent years (contemporary)?  Please answer in one complete paragraph (at least five sentences).  
    • "Forgetfulness"
    • "The Country"
    •  "Walking Across the Atlantic"
      I wait for the holiday crowd to clear the beach
      before stepping onto the first wave.
      Soon I am walking across the
      Atlantic
      thinking about Spain,
      checking for whales, waterspouts.
      I feel the water holding up my
      shifting weight.
      Tonight I will sleep on its rocking surface.
      But for now I try to imagine what
      this must look like to the fish below,
      the bottoms of my feet appearing, disappearing. 

HW: Billy Collins, J9.  

No comments: