Block Day: To Antigone, and Beyond!

* Open
  • Memorization passage. ~ Please copy down the passage in bold here
  • No terms quiz for Schwager's class as he needs to catch up on grading these last two assignments first. 
* Review your journal together

* West's class takes quiz

*Watch and discuss: View this slam poem about love. What does "real" love look like?


  • How does this slam poem tell us something true concerning love which we often overlook? 
  • How does this slam poem perpetuate something false concerning love which we often overlook? Can you support your idea from the scriptures?  Try to.
* A Midsummer Night's Dream ~ Agree/Disagree? (4 corners discussion)

  1. Romantic love is a real thing. 
  2. I believe in love at first sight.
  3. A teenager can experience real romantic love.
  4. Emotions can be deceiving.
  5. There are different types of romantic love.
  6. People act differently when they are in love.
  7. My parents could probably choose a perfect mate for me (without my input). 
  8. My parents should help direct my relationships and marriage decision. 
  9. My parents should have no voice in my relationships.

* Journal 14: Do you know what the rules were about love during Shakespeare's Day? Click here or find the Love Rules handout in your Google Drive. Work together with those around you to record 8-10 rules about love, engagement and marriage in your journals.

* Act 1
HW: Finish reading and doing questions for Act 1, Scene 1 (Journa1 15: Answer three questions of your choice).






No comments: