Tuesday, 1/8/13: Grammar

* Open
  • Note to students: I have been selected as a possible candidate for jury duty this week.  I have to call in each evening, and if I am selected, I will have a substitute for that day.  Please work quietly on the material listed here on the blog. 
* Grammar

 I'd like to wait on returning essays until I'm sure I'll be in class to talk about them.  Let's continue with agreement. 
  • Read and take notes on Bedford 22 a-d (pronoun and antecedent agreement)
  • Note all rules in bold. 
  • Provide at least one example for each copied rule. 
  • Do ex. 22-1, letters and numbers.  Write the antecedent and pronoun (you do not need to write out the entire sentence). 
  • Due block day. 
* Honors: Search for your outside reading novel.
  • If you pick a book published in the early 1900s or earlier, you should be able to find it in iBooks for free (or gutenberg.org if you'd like a .pdf).  
  • You might begin a book that looks interesting.  If you find that it isn't, you can try another. 
  • If you already have your book, please begin reading it in class.
  • Jury duty may give you a bit of time to get started in your novel.  Please employ your mind wisely and do not play games or engage in social media during class.  All the best!  Mr. S
HW: Grammar

No comments: